Monday, March 21, 2011

Airbrushing

Tonight I practiced a bit of airbrushing. I had some Tamiya Acrylic paint, its water soluble, so instead of using thinners, water can be used instead (or that’s what a website said). I tried it out on a test piece, which was a side section of a 00 gauge 4 wheeled open wagon. It seems ok. At first I needed to experiment with the ratios of water to paint, but I soon found that a ratio of 1 part water to 3 parts paint worked well. I had sprayed the coach with some Halfords spray primer, and after it dried, I sprayed the ends of the carriage and footsteps the Tamiya 'Lemon Yellow'. Also the bogies got a light coat of Railmatch ‘Frame dirt’.
Next, I need to find transfers for lettering and numbering, maybe even the FRs crest to go on the side of the mess carriage and Harlech.
Couplings have been added to most of the built wagons of the P.W set, and I’ve ran into problems with Harlech Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment