Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Motive power! (12inches to the foot scale!)

Over the last few months I’ve been looking for a car. And, as I’m sure most readers agree, young drivers' insurance is silly money! So, a van was the answer! It’s cheaper because there are only 2 seats. Anyway, it’s a 1.7 CDTI Vauxhall Astra Van. A brilliant run around and very cheap insurance (compared to other vehicles).
The reason why I am posting this on here is that it is also the perfect vehicle for transporting fairly large goods, or a 009 Model railway of the FR!
I will need to make some racks to support the boards on top of each other, but otherwise, it’s good to go! The number plate isn't really '009 TMR', it's just a play on photoshop. :)


One of the reasons that I haven’t posted over the last few days was that I was busy helping Mum to do some work on a shop she just bought. Brethyn Blaenau (Brethyn = Material) It will sell all sorts of needlework tools, supplies, knitting things, cross stitch kits and will also be doing a framing service, as well as a photography studio upstairs. If anyone is interested (or they’re wives/partners), I will post a link here for the site once it is up and running.

1 comment:

  1. Insurance can be a killer when you start driving! I've never made life easy for myself by never having owned a car with an engine smaller than two litres!

    The only downside I can see with a van, is that I can see many people asking for favours!

    ReplyDelete