Saturday, July 14, 2012
Not the layout, by the way! Today was spent building the backboards, they have all been cut, only one requires attaching, which will be done Monday. I decided that since the Ffestiniog has always had a George England engine in disuse, TMR should have one too! So I built one of them out of card. Before painting, I decided I want some patched of the smoke box and saddle tank to be rusted through (similar to Welsh Pony today) so it was poked several times with a very small needle, which I think gave a good effect. It was then sprayed matt black, then the rust was applied. Tarpaulin was then laid over the cab to offer some protection from the elements.
Posted by Huw Einion Jones