Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Carriage and Facebook Page

Today, the new carriage from Robert Waller arrived. So the paint was out! (After I photographed it)






Firstly the sides and end (bottom end) where masked off, leaving the 'corridor' to be painted Matt Black with the roof. The chassis and carriage where then painted with an airbrush.



Whilst the Matt Black was drying I decided to test a paint colour I was given by my uncle. It's Railmatch 'Frame Dirt'. When observing the obs, and various other carriages in the carriage shed. I noticed that the bodywork of the carriages are kept very clean (cleaned weekly) But, the chassis and bogies aren’t, they are covered with the dust from the lubrication pads Boston Lodge produces (so I’m told)
They are surprisingly dirty, so I’m going to replicate this but not as 'strong'. I am also thinking of painting some carriages as 'new' and others more weathered, to vary the appearance a bit.
Just to let you all know, I've made a Facebook page, where 'quick little' updates will be posted, but the majority of posts will be here. Also the page 'Gallery' will only hold links to the Albums on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment