Friday, April 6, 2012

I've cought the bug...

I've finally managed to log in! (With some difficulty though)
Now then... the Earls body is finished! Here it is;


The only thing that it needs now is the 4 nameplates. 2 of which are the "Fairlie's Patent" and the other two are "Irallt Merionydd". Before anyone asks why I haven't used the English nameplates on one side, it's simply because I wanted to use the Welsh ones.
When I bought the Langley kit (including the nameplates) it was pretty old. The etched brass pieces where dull and had a coating of what I can presume to be a chemical that was used in the etching process left fingerprints and all sort of patterns on them. So as I am writing this they are soaking in a tub of vinegar, hopefully this will clean them up a bit. If not, I will order new ones from Narrow Planet.
The chassis needs 3 of the wheels to be drilled 0.8mm and the rods etc attaching and it’s ready to go.
Now... on to this 'bug' I have...
A locomotive I would love to have running on Traeth Mawr is the infamous Ffestiniog Railway/WDLR ALCo-Cooke 2-6-2 'Mountaineer'. It currently resides at Glanypwll Workshops, patiently waiting for the day (hopefully soon) which it will be restored to running order. Here is a picture of it from last September.


I have managed to find a drawing, but some pieces are unclear and other details simply aren’t there, so in the next few weeks, i will measure the bits which arn't clear. I have a Lilliput chassis which will need two pony trucks, otherwise it's perfect for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment