Sunday, November 1, 2009

The First Design

After a summer volunteering at the Ffestiniog Railway's workshop, Boston Lodge. I decided to challenge myself, would it be possible to create a model of the Ffestiniog Railway? After a bit of number crunching I decided not to do it, the total length of the layout would be close to a hundred meters long. After thinking for a while, and considering to model from Blaenau Ffestiniog to Tanygrishau, including the railway's smaller workshop at Glanypwll. I decided to model the area between Harbor Station (about 1950-60) across the cob and to Boston Lodge (about the same era). I then liked the idea to be able to run a variety of trains, like fuel, slate, passengers, P.W and goods. So I thought about modeling Minffordd Station without the goods yard and hostel, but after a bit of thought I decided that with the addition of Minffordd yard I would be able to run more.

At the top of the page is the final design (I thinkK).


No comments:

Post a Comment