Friday, January 1, 2010

More Construction

Today, I was on the B&Q website looking for some wood, ideally I want 1'x4' or similar so I could have enough 'space' underneath. I've put the cart before the horse really by starting on the layout without a frame on it. But since inquiring about the Narrow Gauge Exhibition in 2011 and asking if there is space for the layout in this years show, there was. So I wanted to get most I could done ready for the show (I know its in 5 months) but in the next few months my modeling (and posting) will slow down (might even stop). I've got my GCSE's coming up, so that takes priority.

That also means that I won’t be able to get some things done on my layout, so the sooner I get a running layout, the better! Here are some pictures of the started baseboard.The two green baseboards are form a layout (an oval of track) i was given by my fathers friend, although I was interested in railways since I was a toddler, I think this and a thirty year old 'Sir Nigel Greasely' started Railway Modelling for me.

One of the boards will become the Harbour Station side of the layout, whilst the second will become a 'foundation' for a traverser style fiddle yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment