Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh, Dear

Because the layout is stored in the garage and the locomotives and rolling stock are in the house. So I had an idea of laying some track on a board I had that was previously used as one of the boards that formed the 'loop' behind the scenic area. It was kept in the 'attic' of our garage. As I climbed up the ladder, I put my hand against the wall, it was covered with water. After retrieving the board and inspecting the layout, the MDF has started to slightly sag.
So, in a rush to prevent more damage to the layout, it has been moved inside the house to the attic (where it can't be set up) as a result, progress on the layout will stop for a few weeks until I can cure the damp/leaks in the garage. Not a good sign considering I’m hoping to go to Warley in 2012!
Oh, and I might be buying some Ruston and Hornsby 2ft gauge locos, but that’s another post (or blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment