Monday, February 8, 2010

Pictures and a update





I went to the garage Sunday morning about 9 to do a quick 10 mins on the boards, I was there till 10:30, and so, I just carried on!
I got all of the boards screwed down, except for the Boston Lodge board, which didn't align up with the frame, I found out that the miniature band saw I used to cut the board wasn't at 90 degrees, so when I went to align it up, it didn’t fit :( oh well, nothing a jigsaw won't fix!
I also managed to sort out the slopes and levels on the layout. I need to lower the track level form 3cm high in the front to meet the boards in the back so I can have storage sidings there. So I got some off cuts of the MDF and 70mm x 18mm timber and made a few rough levels to see what needs to be done, I’m glad that I did this because I could use these pieces I used as the actual level.
The only construction I have left is the control board module, when I first constructed it I used a few off cuts. I couldn’t remember why I cut it off, but I know now! It was bent! So another frame for the control board will be made.
Also I need to cut a piece of MDF about 13 1/2 inches long to fit into a 'Hole' at the end of the back fiddle yard, and put two horizontal braces across two legs to hold them steady.
The second from bottom picture shows the position of the backscene (the small 3x1 on the back side of the boards)

No comments:

Post a Comment