Saturday, July 3, 2010

Controls

Recently I have been wondering how to control my layout, DCC or DC, and I’ve come to a conclusion, DCC. From reviews and a few helpful emails from DCC supplies I’ve decided to go for the Digitrax Zephyr system and soon will buy the handheld (possibly wireless) controller to plug into it.
As of the DCC chips, I’m still a bit unsure. A few of my locomotives will have two motors (only connected with the pickup wires) but they will only have one chip between them. Any suggestions on which chip to use? John De Frayssinet from County Gate uses the Digitrax DZ125 (can anyone comment on this chip?) for some of his locomotives that have two motors (A good example is his scratch built Kitson Mayer http://www.009.cd2.com/members/how_to/kitson_meyer.htm)
Please can anyone that uses DCC control on their locomotives to comment, especially if you have a locomotive that has two motors controlled by one chip!
In other news we are still clearing out the garage, so the layout will hopefully be in by the end of the summer holidays. Also I’ve got a job at Boston Lodge over the summer (which will pay for a few DCC bits) and in September I will be a Apprentice (but not with Alan Sugar). :D
P.S, sorry for the lack of pictures. I know it looks a bit boring. But I promise as soon as the layout is set up, a album will be made and a link posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment