Saturday, July 10, 2010

Prince Progress

Lately I've been concentrating on stock and locomotives because the layout is in pieces around the house. The latest edition is a N Drive 12mm wheelbase Steam chassis. From all the reviews I have read this chassis seems to be very good (like all the others from N Drive Productions).
The chassis that I have bought is just to get a feel of size and it's capabilities (also if it is easy or not to convert to DCC) It will live under Prince, and like the Ffestiniog Railway it will be the first steam locomotive to run (DCC) Hopefully if this chassis is a good one, a few will find their way on my layout, under locomotives like Double Fairlie, Garratt, Mallets and small 0-4-0s (possibly Blanche and Linda)



Here is a picture of the chassis, and after reading Langley's website, it says that the N Drive chassis fits their Prince kit, that originally was made for the Iberten Cuckoo and Fleishmann 0-4-0 chassis. N Drive's website is
http://www.n-driveproductions.com/
Also my DCC plans have changed, I’ve decided not to go for the Digitrax Zephyr, too expensive, I’m considering the Bachmann EZ, Hornby Select or maybe the Roco Minimous. The Roco system looks very nice, but I can't find a place that sells them, can anyone suggest where I can find one? I’ve had no luck on eBay, and they only seem to sell the controller, and not the receiver etc that connects to the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment