Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's a Fairlie good deal!

I was browsing through eBay earlier on when I found this;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110534639071

It's a Langley Double Fairlie AND a Bachman GP50 Chassis, for £41 all together, considering the body alone is £56, and the Bachman GP50 £27, I think its a good deal! even if I will need to buy a new chassis, I still would have spent almost the same as what the body would cost, also in the post today was the plans for the S.A Railways Type B-6 Wagon, I immediately went to convert the drawings to 4mm-1ft, then made a first version on the computer, and built it!, I only need some bogies for it now, my plans are to make these to scale weight as well (so it will be more reliable) I know that a fully loaded (with coal) S.A.R Type B-6 is roughly 36 tons, so scale wise its approximately 60grams, maybe I will make it a bit heavier, not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment