Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Insurance Value and Locomotives

Today, I decided to figure out what’s the real insurance value of the layout, before I thought of £500, with a few locos, wagons, transformers etc, BUT I didn’t include a laptop which I am going to make a power point presentation on about the layout, so that figure has easily rose to £1000, but again, I’m going to get all of my exhibition stuff together, and add up all of the values, I don’t know what I have to do then, do I have too multiply by a certain percentage or what? I was on John de Frayssinet’s website County Gate (www.cd2.009.com) and he evaluates his at £50’000, WITHOUT rolling stock; they are an additional £12’000 on that! Looking at his ‘how we built…’ pages, there are a few useful things in the layout, some may (over time) find their way too Traeth Mawr.
Also I figured out what locos will be doing what duties, for example, Livingston Thompson (Taliesin wasn’t on the etched nameplates I got with the double fairlie) will be a ‘mainline’ loco, along with eventually a Linda, a Funkey and maybe Prince. Whilst I will have other locos for goods/P.W work, such as Harlech Castle (soon to be re-painted) with possibly Cricieth Castle and a Meridian Models Baldwin Gas-Mechanical.

No comments:

Post a Comment